Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Birthday Party

Since my daughter's birthdays are late October and early November, we do a combined family party every year. This year we were trying to think of something fun and a way to incorporate the fall season. Our family has developed a fondness for black and white cookies found by our vacation spot in Florida, and so we decided to feature them. Our color scheme was based on the black and white colors. We spray painted fun shaped pumpkins and gourds with black and white inexpensive spray paint. I found some mini white gerbera daisies with black centers and put them in recycled glass jars and containers. I also utilized an idea I saw on Pinterest - placing corks into candle holders and placing a paper clip in them to hold pictures. Every year I print off about 30 pictures of the girls for the past year so that our guests can see how they have grown and what they have been involved in. I'm all about doing fun decorations on the cheap- and the painted pumpkins would be great for any type of party or black and white wedding reception. The burlap runner softens the look and ties it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment